Monday, September 14, 2009

check baby, check baby, one, two...THREE!

{if you can decode this little alien...junior is basically laying on its side, facing you, 
with a little wee hand under its chin. aaah.}

due date: january 14th 
hopeful date: december 31st {unlikely, but it would be nice to get a tax break and since we have already met our insurance deductable this year....}
gender: unknown. can't wait for the surprise

with all of the stress we had in may, i held off making the big announcement out of fear of another miscarriage...but ALL is well. yippity-yay! and i think most know any way. plus, i was showing at a mere 8 weeks! here's to third pregnancies!

 junior is growing {almost as fast as the mommy} and wiggling about. we are thrilled to add another branch to our family tree!

other updates:

its official. i'm back. and glad. after a nauseating 4 months and a fun-filled summer...i'm ready. i miss keeping track of the sweet things of our everyday. and passing up the opportunity to record to remember.

so rather than overwhelm myself with one massive, daunting post--i'm going to move forward and back track when i have an "extra" moment. so feel free to scroll backwards over the next few weeks.

hannah's update:

i can't believe how much has changed since my last post! we've continued to see little miracles and blessings each date. to simplify, for now (maybe i'll share more details in the "back track posts"), hannah is doing great. its almost as if it all never happened. we are cautious of her scar on her forehead (making sure it doesn't tighten and pull her features or face muscles)... but have not needed to send her surgery. wow!

our dc doctor was about to put her under the knife, when we really didn't feel good about it and switched to an amazing doctor in baltimore at john's hopkins medical center. he is incredibly talented and gifted with children and burns. 

hannah wears a bandage called a compression band and will wear it over the next year. so now it is just a waiting game mixed with a little extra tlc-- the bandage, vitamin E oil, special lotions, light massage, sunscreen, and check-ups every THREE months. that's it!!! after the year, we will re-evaluate...and i don't think she'll even need a skin graft then. i think we are going to go the laser treatment route...but of course, don't need to make any decisions until then.

thank you for the emails checking in with hannah's progress. it was OVERWHELMING. i think we scared a few with my lack in blogging...but it really was just the nausea, move to steve's parents, and then lots of traveling and pools that needed to swam in...

21 comments:

Maman Pélissié said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!

Lacey said...

oh my gosh, congratulations woman! that little babe is pretty lucky to be going to your amazing family!

Julianne said...

I'm thrilled! And I'm calling you first thing in the morning... Congratulations!!!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I think you all are simply beautiful and I am thrilled to hear that you are having another baby! Before I left I thought maybe I saw something, because you are so slender. : )

So wonderful that Hannah is recovering so fully! we love and miss you guys.

Katie said...

Congrats! Babies are so wonderful. Couldn't happen to a better family.

Berry Family said...

Congratulations!! Glad to hear that Hannah is doing well & things are healing good.

The Plateniks said...

Congrats! We are due in April with #2! Glad to hear Hannah is doing better, I did wonder about her from time to time. Hope everything is going well, I look forward to more frequent updates.

Mark and Meghan said...

congratulations on number three! and i'm so glad to hear that hannah doesn't need surgery...what a blessing! glad you're back.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

yeah for #3!! we didn't know and we're so excited! glad hannah is doing better and better! hugs to each of you!

Hanson Family said...

Congratulations!!We are glad Hannah is doing better. Thanks for posting, I was wondering how your family was doing.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

you're back!!! i am so happy! Congrats on number 3! that is so exciting. can't wait to hear the sex. i have five more weeks till our little girl comes. i'm so happy that everything is going well for you guys and that little hannah is recovering so well. miss you!

treen said...

Well, maybe everyone THERE knew, but those of us who have been banished from DC hadn't gotten caught up yet! Hooray for more babies, and hooray for Hannah doing so well in her recovery! I saw a couple of pictures of her on Jackie's blog - if I didn't already know, I would have no idea anything had happened.

Sorry we missed you when we were up there in July - maybe next summer if Adam does another 2 weeks in Charlottesville. Keep in touch!

Kathy said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to find out if its a boy or girl! I am also so happy to hear how well Hannah is doing. I've been thinking of her and you guys all summer. I am so happy you are back to blogging so I can hear about what is going on with the Alfandre's! I can't wait to see some pictures. :)

Lauren said...

Now we REALLY need to talk.... llamama pronto chica

Adam and the Girls said...

How exciting! I didn't know you were preggers!? Congrats you guys. :) Can you believe our girls are almost 4 years old? Charlotte is so thrilled to have another birthday. Time goes by so fast these days. And we just had another little girl....Savannah....she is 3 months old now. Anyway, glad to see Hannah is doing better and cannot wait to see your new little one. Hope all is fabulous! oxoxo Luv, Jeffi Erickson ps This is our new blog.....if you want to be a reader you can email me at jeffieric@gmail, we'd love to keep in touch.

Burnhams said...

Congrats!!!! Parker was born Jan. 16th, so yay for january babies even though they don't come with a tax break! Also-- just wondering who you are seeing at Hopkins... I was a nurse in the Pediatric ICU, and worked in the Peds operating room before that, so know the plastics guys pretty well, and worked a lot with some pretty intense burns.. so just wondering

mason and ashley schmutz said...

YAY! Congrats on baby 3! Our babies are going to be so close! My due date is december 20, but I am counting on december 30, so you and I may have some twinners!

Your girls are GORGEOUS! I wish I was in new hampshire when you guys were there! It looks like it was a blast!

Jilene said...

hey callie. i'm glad i found your blog, your family is beautiful. congrats on the new addition. we have a blog too, but it's private, so if you email your email address, i'll let you in! my email address is mjmlray@gmail.com

you guys look great. say hi to your family for me!
JIlene

Elizabeth said...

So glad you updated. I miss those chillens more than I thought possible. Tell those sweet little souls Aunt Liz wishes she could play the baby game with them.

THE MEYERS said...

Congratulations Callie! That is so exciting! I can't believe you will have 3 kids! We're finally pregnant with our first and couldn't be more excited/terrified. :)

Sounds like you guys had a fun summer. And the camera story makes me grin from ear to ear. So cute.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Three.. that's serious stuff. congrats. I'm glad to see you are doing well and your family looks great.