Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Car talk

These kids are hilarious.  I know I will look back one day and so miss the cute thoughts and conversations I get to listen to each day as I go about the day.

There are too many precious things to keep track of!  Often I want to write them down but then am torn as I know they need ME and not a mother behind a computer screen.  But I try my best to jot down things here and there, the capture the bits, bottle up there cuteness...but boy do I hope that as I work towards an eternal life that part of that great gift is the ability to be omnipotent, to have a perfect memory of the past(with these cuties)/present/future.

Today Grant, as most of our conversations go, was planning his future birthday party and said he thought of the perfect game!  "I want a Star Wars party! (Lisp included;) We'll play light saber, light saber, gun! (Like duck, duck, goose!"

As I was dropping off the kids Vacation Bible School forms, I told G and E that they will get to go to VBS to which E gives her classic wide eyed excited face, and shouts, "You mean I'm potty trained?!?! Grant I'm potty trained so I get to go to vacation bible school!!!" then kisses each of her tiny biceps!  (TWO years ago, as a motivation for G to potty train at 3 1/2, I promised him he could go to VBS if he was potty trained...huge motivation for him!  And I guess it stuck and passed on to E, even though she has been potty trained for almost a year, ha!)

No comments: