...ten {woulda} posts if i {coulda} had more time...
{1} one week old.
{love those long lashes. from his daddy.}
{2} all siblings need record of...
bathtime together.
it won't stay like this forever.
{3} cousins.
oh so glad they have ONE.
but oh so sad he just moved away. wipe. a. tear.
my kids need more cousins.
{4} thirty.
thank heaven above for january 15th, 1980.
{5} confessions
of a mommy of three.
in survival.
what has life been like with three kids??
crazy. sweet. amazing. exhausting.
but here is a story that will make any mommy feel better.
{in list format because that is how my brain works right now. no complete sentences capable.}
*made a day trip with the 3. by myself.
my first official day as mom of 3.
decided upon the baltimore children's museum. had one more day to use before our passes expire.
timed it all perfectly. or so i thought.
got trapped on a bridge one mile from the exit for almost an hour.
grant screaming in starvation.
mom about to pee pants.
(remember i was still recovering from delivery at this point. very weak bladder control.)
hannah and madeline antsy and cranky... we had been in the car for almost 2 hours at this point.
finally, eeked by, squeezed onto the shoulder to some exit.
got a little lost.
at last, made it to destination.
no parking available.
no place to run in quickly with 3 littles to use a restroom.
double parked next to some cars. flipped on hazards.
feeding grant. he's happy.
found old leftover snacks for kids. they're happy.
me??
couldn't hold it any longer.
i. peed. my. pants.
but only after i tried to use one of madeline's diapers.
awesome.
a new mommy low.
(shoot. is this too much information??)
couldn't decide if i should cry or laugh.
turned to kids and told them "mommy had an accident so we can't go to the children's museum."
screams and tears flowing.
(especially since just a few weeks before we had attempted the same museum and it was randomly closed. and they were heartbroken).
my sweet husband sends me a very funny text soon after i relayed this tragedy.
felt rejuvenated.
decided it would certainly be a much sadder ending to the day if we just went home. defeated.
no way jose.
wrapped a sweatshirt around my waste and yelled victoriously to the girls, "we are going to the children's museum!"
screams of joy.
hannah reassures me, "it's okay mommy. sometimes its just hard to remember to stay clean and dry sometimes."
thanks hannah.
and so we went.
and everyone was happy.
and i just had to laugh.
in my cold, wet pants.
awesome.
{6} sweet reminders.
i'm usually put in my place by hannah. in a good way.
she reminds me.
she's good at that.
the other day, hannah showed me this picture that she drew and carefully (and thoughtfully) hung above my side of the bed. with these commands:
"mommy. its a picture of a beautiful day. when you wake up in the morning, you stretch and turn and around and look at the picture and say, 'it's a beautiful day!' (with enthusiasm mind you)."
thank you sweet hannah. mommy often needs that reminder in the mornings.
and why not start the day off like that.
there is a lot of "beautiful" in my day.
not talking about the unshowered mommy. the clothes strewn about. the unmade beds. the diaper maze on the floor.
but a husband. two daughters. and a son.
that makes my every day beautiful and a delight to wake up to.
{7} to be held.
not sure whether or not i feel jealous of him (gets a lot of love) or feel the fear for him.
{8} blizzard{s} & donuts
3 feet of snow.
(another 2 feet to come tonight! this is a big deal for the dc area. and we are reaping all the benefits.)
these homemade beauties put us all in a deep, sugar slumber.
especially this guy. he has a real love for these sugary wonders.
{9} defiance ... with a major victory!!!!
most kids, like mine, do exactly what you don't want them to do with a smirk on their little faces.
potty training.
didn't want to touch that bad boy until we were all more adjusted to life with three kids.
and though we cheered for her when she "practiced" sitting on the potty, mean mommy did not want to begin the whole training process despite madeline showing every sign of readiness and beyond.
well, she has a mind of her own.
so with a little smirk on her face, she chose the path of defiance.
(and when she made her grand announcement at the super bowl party, i knew she had won.)
she pooped on the potty. twice.
that is a major victory in a human's life, i say.
and so, we are training.
and she has been amazing.
and pantless.
and excited.
and proud.
as are we.
(minus the "pantless" part)
{10} grant at 4 weeks. say what?!
{observations}
he grunts. like a little man. constantly.
we are all smitten by this guy.
i swear he looks like a different baby in every picture we take of him.
he'll stare you down with a pretty sharp wonky/croaked eye.
he is growing too fast. way too fast.
i'm surprised by how much i am loving this newborn stage. and really want it to slow down. really.
i think i wished it by too much with hannah and madeline. with hannah, i couldn't wait to parent a walking talking child. and with madeline, i couldn't wait for her to walk and talk with her big sister.
i've learned my lesson.
won't be wishing this time by.


23 comments:
oh I am all over commenting on this one! Thank you for admitting to peeing your pants, it helps to feel grounded.
Grant is adorable. well, all three are. It's been hard trying to keep track of where you guys live...we are moving to Quantico, VA in June. Near you? I have a defiant 2.5 year old who could befriend yours.
I dont even know where to start.... I have tears in my eyes, but must say I am not surprised with the pee story- thats my girl.
loving the kids and grant couldnt be cuter (loving that wonky eye).
Thanks for the bday message. You are so thoughtful amidst all your craziness. Love ya
Hands down - BEST STORY EVER. You kill me! But yes, Victory!! Museum conquered! Congrats!
Also, I couldn't agree more with your comments on #3 growing too fast, and wishing you had appreciated the newborn newness you had with #1 and #2. And, wow, aren't baby BOYS the sweetest things in the world?!?
Hope you're well - miss you!
Wow! What a marathon post- I loved it! I laughed so hard at your peeing story. I'm so proud of you for still going in though. Power Mom!
I must agree with every one else. The potty story was hilarious. Me, I would have cried & cried. You are amazing! The joys of being a parent & yes, they grow up WAY TOO FAST.
Bahaha- I am laughing out loud! You are the best Callie, thank you for making my morning!
Grant is so adorable! I want to snuggle him now! I miss the newborn phase, Chloe is already out of it.
He has such a sweet little face and your girls as always are beautiful!
I am dying with tears in my eyes! Thank you for that story- I had to share it with derek and we had to agree amidst the laughter- that is a selfless mothers love! I say this as I just wipes puke off my arm and hands with derek also sick in the bbathroom....and that's just with one kid! but Grant is adorable as are your girls!
Wonderful stories - love, adventure, sweetness, laughter. Your blog is a gift to those who read it.
Love you all,
Auntie Brown
Callie - Oh the smiles you bring everytime I read your blog - can we be neighbors one day?! even if it's when we're old and gray - you'd still bring a laugh and smile everyday! HUGS to your little Grant and your girls - they are BEAUTIFUL! You look awesome just after delivering and I 100% love the children's museum story ... way to be a SUPER MOM!
Ha, I am officially a HUGE fan of your blog. You made me gut laugh out loud...Nothing is ever TMI when it makes others laugh :-) Your the best!
What a great post, Callie! Every story somehow captures so much of our daily lives as moms! I love it :) You are something, miss callie! :) Miss you!!
oh i've been waiting for this update!!! and it was spectacular. still laughing out loud about you peeing your pants. that makes us all feel so much better about our mommy mishaps :) your little boy is adorable. way to be a survivor. i will call soon but if i don't catch you for another month or two...i'll know why :) xo
congrats Callie on #3! you are a super Mom!
BEST POST EVER!!! Really, I laughed and cried. You are awesome. And, your kids are just adorable.
oh callie. my lovely, wonderful callie. i miss you more than words. this post is amazing. and hilarious. you are a dream.
oh. and here i am again...stalking. always stalking you.
I cannot believe all the aquire time we are missing with the snowed in weather not to mention the mouthwatering donuts. They look duck donuts worthy. Pants peeing story is amazing. I've totally used the sweater around the waste move, it might have been since grade school, but it's still a good move. I miss you guys.
I love this post. Your baby is so cute. Time goes so fast, Conner is turning 6 this year and it makes me sad that my baby is growing up.
On confessions: You are the best mom ever. I adore this story.
Why haven't I seen you in months? Remind me to tell you my own pee story when we finally reunite.
this is such a perfect post. you definitely had me laughing during the children's museum part. i am so scared to take goldie outside. i just want to stay in the safe walls of my home where no disease can get her. but you've given me motivation.
"we are going to the children's museum!" i just pictured this entire scene with this victorious line and it seriously has me laughing. you have made my day. sounds like you're doing great. so proud of you.
p.s. i'm not sure if you know this about the robbins girls, but we all have a slight bladder problem. we TOTALLY feel your pain. we've had bladder problems our whole lives... laugh too hard, pee in the pants.
Callie - It's michelle from church. I saw your blog today, and it's just one more reason to love you. You make me laugh so hard. You're also one of the cutest friendliest girls I know. Truly. You're so fun. let's hang out! (do I sound like I'm 15?)
oh my goodness, I cannot stop laughing....i loved the peed the pants story, that is hilarious....still laughing as I write this, I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment