~four years on october fourth~
a golden birthday!
{decorated for hannah, by hannah}
with faded kitty whiskers from the previous day's celebrations {see below}, hannah climbed into our bed in the wee hours asking, "is today the day of my very special birthday?!"
yes it was.
this is her reaction to seeing her special gift for the very first time ... a dress-up wardrobe filled with fancy dresses, shoes, boas, crowns. even my mom's old veil {a fast favorite}.
designing, building, problem solving, creating this was almost as fun as watching hannah enjoy it.
a closer look...
*i love how it turned out, though i'm still bothered by the top . maybe i should make another to perfect it all???
~the Fashion Show~
(complete with polka-dot runway) topped off this special birthday weekend.
a kitty party
by
newly-turned-4-year-old hannah
held saturday, october 3rd
hannah has been envisioning this party since her last birthday...no questions asked, it was to be a kitty party. period. despite mom's efforts to sway, convince, persuade otherwise...sorry cat-lovers, i have a thing with cats--just don't like 'em. they make me itchy, they stray, they whine, and they even cough up hairballs. sick.
to my surprise, it was the cat's meow.
kitty (tiger for boys. roar.) ears and whiskers were a must. the birthday kitty even fashioned a fuzzy white tail. collars were decorated. hidden little chocolate mice were hunted down and gobbled up. kitty cupcakes were devoured. tummies were sugar sick. tigers chased kitties. kitties meowed and hissed.
the only thing i ixnayed was hannah's idea to have everyone have "their own littlest ball of yarn to play with with their kitty paws."


17 comments:
Are you having twins???
You are so talented. It turned out so beautiful. What a great gift!! Happy Birthday!!
Love that wardrobe! Absolutely fantastic! Every little girl's dream.
Again, the kitty party was fabulous. Love the pictures.
Happy Birthday to Hannah!!! It looks like her party was a LOT of fun! The dress-up wardrobe turned out AWESOME!!! Way to go!! I can't wait to have a little girl to enjoy all things girlie.
looks a great party! sorry for the confusion ;)
Callie you are nothing short of amazing! I am totally impressed!
You are the most creative and talented human ALIVE!! This is not a joke.. I NEED (not want, but need) set by step instructions for the wardrobe.
And your party.. could it have been cuter?!? Finding chocolate mice. Where do you come up with this stuff?!? Can you be my mom too?
And how much did Jack love being a tiger:)
Ohhhh how we miss you!
WOW, that is all I can say, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! love everything, I sat here reading it going I can do that, sure I can, then I quickly remind myself of a stark reality, I am not handy! You did a fantastic job, and I loved the kitty party, how fun is that. Gave me lots of good ideas. Your family looks great, and it is nice to see Hannah doing better! Is Steven done with School yet? Elan is staring his MPA at ASU this winter....
I cannot believe that you made that! How in the world??? Amazing. Coolest gift I have ever seen!
This is so cute callie. hannah with your veil hahaha she looks like a little medieval bride. what cute little munchkins you have. wish i could have been there!
I've been waiting for this post to see how the wardrobe turned out ... AMAZING! You're phenomenal! I second the request for instructions on how you did that. And I don't know what's wrong with the top - it looks great to me!
And hooray for Hannah with no bandage on her head! These are the first pictures I've seen with no bandage since the accident. She looks GREAT! And so like herself - love her subtle little smile in the picture with her cake.
We miss you guys!
You are A-MAZING! You definitely get the #1 mommy award ... how are ya feeling?? Hugs to each of you!
cutest dress up holder i've ever seen! you are amazing. and her cute kitty party...all adorable. love it!
you are a rock star mom. wow. that wardrobe is AMAZING! and even better...you had a very happy 4 year old :) your girls are beautiful. it's fun to see how grown up they are looking. can't wait to see you in december!!!!
wow. seriously. wow. i can not believe you made that!!! incredible!!! your girls are so lucky to have you as their mom.
I love how the wardrobe turned out. You are seriously amazing Callie! And your girls are so lucky to have you as their Mom. :) Hannah makes a beautiful birthday girl!
Callie,
Marta and I are looking at your blog. I LOVE the dress up wardrobe. Way to go! Love seeing Hannah and Madeline. We'll see you soon?!?
Carey
Post a Comment