Tuesday, December 2, 2008

hawk eyes, words, and such


i spent 5 minutes trying to uncode the "na" sounds and excited chubby finger points. after pulling multiple items from the shelves and pointing to various pictures, i finally cracked the code...madeline was saying "neigh!", pointing to the tiny, mostly-covered horse on the cover of Seabiscuit. "i spy": success!



madeline cracks me up. she has no interest in saying words. sounds will do. she speaks in grunts and mumbles, varying in tone, volume, and pitch. ask her an animal sound and you can't tell one from the other. every once in a while she slips, and reveals her true skills. like when i was sitting with her on the couch and someone knocked on the door. she looked at me, did the knock motion with her little fist, and clearly said "kno-ck, kno-ck".                        

5 comments:

Maman Pélissié said...

VERY typical of Baby #2! Everyone else guesses or says their words... why would they need too? Her hair is getting so long!

Lacey said...

oh little kiddies, they are so funny and it makes it so difficult when you don't know what they want. my little halle will say please, which is so darling, but it breaks my heart that i can't figure out what she is saying please for.

Burnhams said...

hey we need your address. email me at burnhamchristmascards@hotmail.com
Love, Emily

lauren ann said...

I want to meet and squeeze this little one. I am loving the last picture

PS I tagged you. I know, I know. I don't usually do this sort of thing, but hey why not
xox

courtni said...

hi adorable mommie!! e-mail me your address PLEASEEE!!! xoxox ct@neffheadwear.com love your stories, best mom.