so ever since hannah was the tiniest little thing, she preferred me over steve. mostly and especially in times of starvation, sleep deprivation, and in dire needs of comfort. all of which, i believe, is pretty normal--for a child to need the mommy while so dependent on her for the basic necesseties of life.
at times it has really been hard for him. i would try and explain her excitement when she would see him coming home from work or her perfect laughter when they would play together. but, understandably, it can be pretty tiring to have a two year old constantly remind you, "no daddy" any time you try to read the bedtime story, fill the sippy cup, or kiss the mommy.
i was hers and she had no intention of sharing me.
sue, steve's mom, has reassured him for the last 3 years that his time would come. that it is all normal and most little girls start really attaching to their dad's right around 3 years old.
well, he's waited patiently. at precisely the 2 1/2 year mark, the time has come! sue was so right. and this video proves just how head over heals she is for her dad, even when he just wakes up in the morning and hasn't even brushed his teeth yet.
don't mind the bouncy video skills. its hard to hold madeline, record video, and fight for your true love all at the same time.
and p.s. there is no joke in her eyes. she really does get mad.
now he is hers and she has no intention on sharing him.


14 comments:
oh that is so cute. he really was almost making out with him! i can already tell claire is a daddy's girl, which i'm kind of sad about! although it is nice, that she'll go to him when i need her too.
ps claire was on my lap watching the video bouncing, looking up at me laughing and smiling...she likes your girls! :)
That just might be the CUTEST thing I've EVER seen. Priceless footage. Save that FOREVER!!!
P.S. - Happy Birthday to YOU!! Last Friday, huh? I stink for remembering NOW. So my life goes. I hope you had a great day... I call you sometime, today?? Are you free??
That is so cute and hysterical! Show that video on the day she gets married!
HAHAHA I am laughing SO HARD right now (no joke) after watching this video. What a cute post/video. She was seriously P/Od at you Callie for trying to take her true love. Its her true love, alright? back off!!! Haha, SO cute.
How cute! Moms are the best ... but sometimes dads are the best! Good thing we have both!
Oh I miss so much already!
It was a magical week I was there.
For the following reasons:
1) Someone having the great idea of ordering more beef medallions at Morggiorios (or something) in between pieces of chocolate cake.
2) Hannah being the happiest camper in the world when she stayed dry through the night, saying when she got up “Pricess presen pricess presen!”
3) Later that day, Hannah wearing the most uncomfortable-looking princess shoes. Galloping around in them like a pony while everyone nearby continually commented on her cuteness.
4) Steve driving me to the airport at 5:30 am after an intense dream being the lead drummer in the band “In Hot Pursuit.” I may be wrong but I think their hit song went something like this nananananananana IN HOT PURSUIT! Nananananana WE ARE nanana IN HOT PURSUIT!
On a more serious note. We just acquired Rock Band and are in desperate need for a lead drummer. Your name came up...
you have the cutest little girls ever! that video was hilarious. ok i am so excited you will be up here the end of june. I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND TOO! ha....i only live like 10 min from potomac so we can hang out all the time. jenna is here with me too so she will be excited. let me know when you get here!
oh man i will have to show russ this video. halle is totally a mommies girl i am the only one who can calm her. i will tell russ that his day will come! so cute!
um...so that video is probably the cutest thing i've ever seen! you always make me laugh callie!
I am little motion sick... but it was all worth it. That girl was not messin around- Callie it is HER true love, don't front.
Too cute, Thank heavens for blogs, videos, pics, etc so I can get to know your girls even though I never see them.
Sometime we girls tend to be a little possessive... especially when it comes to love! That was unbelievably cute. Steve.. you always were the lady's man.
p.s. i love the song that comes up on your blog. It might be the happiest little ditty ever!
Wow, beautiful little girls and family! I'm glad I found your blog, now I can keep up with your family! Congratulations on MBA school! That's fabulous!
Kristen Katz
Hilarious. jane has long preferred her dad (that may be a personality problem with me though :)
hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment