me: a what sweetie??
hannah (pointing at the wall): a er-bell!!
me (sees light speck reflecting on wall): ohhhhh....is it tinkerbell?! ( i swear i get more wrinkles on my brain trying to figure
out what she's saying than reading a history book!)
hannah: yeah! (joy almost overcomes her at this point)
i slyly move the toy mirror making "tinkerbell" dance from wall to wall. hannah can't believe her eyes!
me: look hannah! tinkerbell is dancing! try and catch her!
hannah chases the light screaming "hi ink-bell!" and then timidly attempts to befriend the bit of magic with her own set of bells.
while eating grapes with our lunch last week, hannah kept saying "a dinosaur! a dinosaur!". i knew what she was saying but didn't get how it related. then hannah started tromping her grape vine around saying, "roarrrrrr. a dinosaur!!!" i can be a bit slow sometimes when trying to keep up the witty mind of a two year old.
madeline has plenty of entertainment watching this "imaginative little mind" run circles.......
the "steve alfandre eyebrows" are quickly making their deput on her developing little face! love em!


17 comments:
I am glad madeline can hold her head up now. When I held her for the first time, I thought it was going to roll off. Give them both big hugs and wet kisses for me.
Mads is so cute! I love her. And Hannah sounds like she is such a sweetheart and so much fun. I'm jealous that she sees tinkerbell. Jackson is constantly fighting bad guys and is always either a pretend power ranger, spiderman, batman, superman or incredible. what i would give for a fairy princes...
i can always count on your blog for a good story to make me smile.
How FUN! I love those little imaginations! They are both adorable! Sounds like you guys stay pretty busy - I love the "caught on film" story about tinkerbell :) -- Rachel
Callie Alfandre!!! You have the cutest family I have ever seen!!!!!! We miss you guys and are glad to see you are doing well- Your girlies are beautiful! Love Jill Niven
callie, that is so cute. i love childrens minds it is so amazing what they come up with, i wish i had that sort of imagination, i miss it. it will be so great to have experiences like that and remember what it is like to be a kid.
she: "then timidly attempted to befriend the bit of magic with her own set of bells"?? i'm dying. a child after my own heart.
you are like the coolest mom ever! these are the greatest stories!! so cute! she'll laugh so hard later when you tell her about stuff like this. I always wonder what funny stuff I did as a kid, no one ever remembers. such cute pics too - love the tinkerbell pics! xo
I love this...you really are the best mom, and I mean it. First off THANK YOU for changing your blog music. Mike always new when I was on your site bc the music. It was time for a change. Second, we missed you SO much this last week. It really just wasn't the same without you. No worries, there will be many more trips to come!
now that you have me addicted to blogging you have to put pictures up more often. It is a tease.
a few things... 1. WE MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH!!! 2. I love this post. it is the cutest thing ever. 3. thank you for canging your leading song... this one is great!
okay... so i just read lauren's comment and um... i pretty much just wrote the same thing.... oops!
Such an adorable story.When will you guys be back in D.C.? I need to give little Madeline and Hannah and big squeeze! They are both too cute.
That is the cutest story and a few posts down...the picture of your girls in bed together...you need to blow that up and frame it...so adorable.
How fun! I am totally going to try and make a tinkerbell:)
I'm obsessed with the song on your blog! I want to listen to it over and over again. And then being able to look at adorable pics of your kiddies at the same time - I just couldn't ask for more!
i love you. i love your amazing, adorable little family. i love your blog. i do NOT love that you live in florida and i live in california, but i won't make you take the blame for it... ;-)
Post a Comment