picture this. me. carrying a sleeping madeline in the baby carrier. pushing a gi-normous cart full of groceries. hannah is sitting at the front of the cart in the "play car", beeping the horn and chomping on nilla wafers.
minutes before this serene scene? me. bouncing a VERY tired/screaming madeline in the baby carrier. looking a little tattered while pushing a cart full of groceries. hannah? very bored. throwing crayons and yelling "uh-oh". screaming "hi!", "no!", or "diaper!" to passers-by (she had a bad dirty diaper she wanted to share with the world. very kind of her, wouldn't you say?). this scene is probably more than familiar to you veteran moms!
so my first month as a mother of two?? to start, i'm sure to set very LOW standards of what "needs" to get done around the house. definitely a little more to joggle. a little more to plan. but a lot more to love. and at the end of the day, i'm glad i can say in all honesty, i love being a mother of two!


13 comments:
Maybe I'm lucky that I have to have my groceries delivered instead of trying to shop.
These pictures are so sweet. What sweet sisters!
Whew- I am glad it's not just me! After I had my last little guy, I wondered why it took me 2 hours to get ready just to leave the house! BUT IN THE END, IT IS SO MUCH FUN!
callie- its jenna robbins--katie's sister. how are you?? she told me about your blog and i had to see it for myself---very cute i must say and puts my blog to shame. anyway, you are welcome to visit mine at www.jakeandjennavela.blogspot.com- i got married in april...so the new name is vela. anyway, your girls are adorable, seriously. tell steve hi and let me know how you're doin. by the way, can you PLEASE let me know how you inserted your own wallpaper onto your blog? i can't figure it out for the life of me.
hopefully i'll talk to you soon!
your girls are to die for, this post makes me jealous. i can't believe you have TWO beautiful girls.
Remember how hard it seemed with one?! Then you have two, and realize that one was nothing! I love my two boys but the first six months were tough. I had groceries delivered and paid a house cleaner! Not I love it and can't imagine just having one. I need them both!
Hi, I am Sarah Jones Morgan's cousin. I came across your blog from hers and saw your streampad, which I thought was really fun! I tried to upload a stream pad into my blog from yours and it copied your streampad song list to my blog as well. I just wanted to ask you how you change the songs, so I am not a total copier of yours!
I loved your blog!
erikaahanks@gmail.com
Erika Hanks
Callie,
You are such a talented writer. Want to write a column about Motherhood and babies for the Stillwater Gazette?
Love,
Dad
I am obsessed with these pictures. The pink blanket in the background is SO you. They are precious. PS everytime I look at your blog- i sing the "hahaha haha heart" song the rest of the day. I love it- Mike thinks im annoying.
Callie! I'm so glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours! You're girls are absolutely darling. Being a mother of TWO girls is just the best huh. You're life is probably just crazy right now with one MOBILE! I'm just glad my two are both still IMMOBILE. I'm sure once they start crawling they will go in opposite directions. Congrats on your darling family. I'm totally adding you to my blog...so excited!
I love your ode to motherhood. It makes me glad that I am not the only one with those moments! And I am only a mother of one! I love your pictures of your girls, it makes me want to have two girls in a row!
and look at how adorable they are and that bedding - super cute!! you probably won't skip a beat, lucky little girls. love your blog. ox
Hey! This is Amanda Morphy Glenn ( Bakes sister). I ran into your blog and had to comment and tell you how beautiful your kids are. So sweet. Check out our blog. www.jageandmands.blogspot.com.
Who is taking these unbelievable pictures!?!
Post a Comment