Sunday, May 6, 2007

beach day

we decided we had to do something fun as a family since the baby will be here by thursday (eek!!!!!). and because i'm waddling like a duck everywhere i go (quack), lounging on the beach sounding quite nice. boy was it ever nice! i got to feel "weightless" in the calming ocean and destroy my husband in paddle ball (sorry sweetie), steve got to take a nap in the warm sun and keep hannah safe from the big waves (she'd cling to steve and shout "no!" everytime a wave came near her), and hannah...oh hannah...had the time of her life exploring the sand, watching the birdies and airplanes fly by, and chomping on doritoes (i love beach junk food).


(oops. she can unscrew caps now??)


































"cheers!" (auntie marta taught hannah how to "cheers"...so now hannah does it with everything, including sandy doritoes)

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I love that picture of Hannah walking down the boardwalk! Soo sweet! Good luck this week!

susie Q said...

Monday mornings have been brighter with the blog. Callie, how do you keep it up? How do you see around your belly? The record I saw was a calico woman deliver on a Friday and back in church Sunday (Parley's Ward, SLC). Don't get any ideas and go nuts on us...ok? We think you're wonderwoman already.

Anonymous said...

Hannah still in diapers?? Think she'll be out of them before her mom, aunt and two uncles on the Vessels side??

Anonymous said...

It sure does brighten my day to see pictures of that little chunk.

Cichelli said...

It is so impressive that you are out and about and doing things like the beach when you're right on top of your due date. That was my excuse to stay in bed (I usually put myself on bed rest and told Ben it was doctor's orders...). I miss the beach! I miss Hannah and Steve! And we miss CALLIE!

Anonymous said...

Hey Callie!
Cute blog! Can't wait to see pictures of the new one soon! Good luck!

dockters said...

Hi Alfandre Fam! I stumbled into your blog by total accident today and decided to say hi! Glad to see your cute family is doing well...congrats on the upcoming baby! You look wonderful!

Love: Lindsay, Eric & Sam Dockter

docktercrew.blogspot.com

Sarah M said...

I love seeing your cute familia on the blog-a. You're probably giving birth right now. Good luck with that. (really truly are you do tomorrow?!)

Kathy said...

I just heard you guys had baby #2 this morning! Congratulations! We are so excited and can't wait to see her little pics!