Monday, March 26, 2007

tourists in our own state

Hannah and I had Steve to ourselves for the WHOLE day on Saturday...something we haven't had in what seems like a very long time! Steve surprised us with a fun filled day trip to Port St. Lucie for spring training (Mets vs Orioles) and then West Palm Beach. The weather was peeerfect. Sunny. Clear sky. And 80 degrees with a breeze...(am I wooing you to come down to FL?? Hope so!). I was a little worried how our busy bodied little girl was going to sit through a baseball game but I was pleasantly surprised by all the unexpected entertainment...Hannah spent most of her time heckling the other players (as seen below):



Otherwise, she was all about the clapping, dancing to the music, and poking the tatoo of the girl sitting in front of us and yelling, "Eye!" (part of the girl's tatoo had a design that looked like an eye). Hannah even took a few breathers from the excitement to kiss and hug the baby in mommy's tummy.


















Now a baseball game just wouldn't be a baseball game without hotdogs and funnel cake. I won't say who ate the majority of the tasty treat but it wasn't Steve...or Hannah...so I guess that leaves the chubby pregnant girl. Everytime I took a bite into the heavenly creation powdered sugar snowed down on all the innocent by-standers in front of us...good thing I could point my finger at Hannah.
















After the game, we drove a little further south to West Palm to explore and enjoy some good food. The spanish architecture is beautiful and the houses/mansions were amazing.



Hannah was totally intimidated by the massive ocean and couldn't quite figure out how to walk in the sand.


































Can you see the black clouds coming to shore? Two minutes later we were caught in sideways rain and our car was parked about a mile away...so we decided to splash in a few puddles. Steve reassured us if survival was necessary, he could shimmy up the coconut tree for food.
































We ended the day with some evening dancing and a quick drink from the fountain...





What a day!

10 comments:

courtni said...

So CUTE!! When are you due? Love the bump :) Love the simple life, a day out with the fam. Adorable !! I'm just waiting for the right moment to reveal this bump...eeeek! xo

Sarah M said...

Can I have Hannah?

Kathy said...

I am sooo jealous! I want to live in Florida too! Such cute pics! Hannah gets cuter every time I see her! What a fun day!

Silus Grok said...

Look at Hannah striking the disco pose!

Adorable.

susie Q said...

Hey Floridians. You know the right places to see and be seen. Hannah, can you say George--Town? Hoy--as. No...not ni,ni. No, good try, but that was da da. Say...D-C. That's right! Make sure daddy has all his money on them. And when they win....he'll have enough for you to go there! What's that?....BYU?....maybe next year. And whatever you do...don't start now with the Orioles! They suck.

Anonymous said...

Steve that fountain looks just as tasty as gatorade. I set a decree that Uncle Buddy can reach those coconuts with his long arms.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,I can't handle how cute Hannah is. Can you start bottling her baby slobber and send it to me:)

Anonymous said...

Grandpa V said...

Callie, your great commentary does justice to these wonderful pictures.

I check daily for updates.

Silus Grok said...

Hey Grandpa Vessel... if you're checking every day for updates, you should have someone show you how to use a newsreader — a program that tracks sites for you, and lets you know when there are updates to read. Very very handy — especially if your collection of blogs grows past one or two.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah Ill be the dead beat, but pretty cool uncle you can relate to when mom and dad just don't understand. You can come to me for like fake ID's and stuff. ill see you when i see you. Uncle Joe